1st step: Discussion with the broker or firmIf you feel you have been subjected to damages as part of a brokerage activity, you should discuss the issue with the broker or brokerage firm first. If you are dissatisfied with the results of this approach, you may pursue with a written notice.
2nd step : Transmission of a written notice to broker and/or firm
As a client, if you wish to present a formal claim seeking to obtain financial compensation from an OACIQ license-holding broker, you must do so via a written notice to the broker and/or firm. Remember to provide the following information:
- Your contact information (name, address, telephone, etc.);
- The name of the broker or firm targeted by the claim;
- The contact information of the building targeted by the transaction, the case being;
- A description of the fault attributed;
- A description of the damages suffered;
- Details on the amounts claimed;
- All other documents deemed relevant (e.g. brokerage contract, fact sheet, etc.).
3rd step: Investigation and analysis
The broker and/or brokerage firm will transmit your notice and the relevant documents to the Claims Department of the Fonds d’assurance (FARCIQ). After having examined the eligibility of the complaint, the Department will conduct a file analysis and investigation.
4th step : Decision
Once the investigation and analysis have been completed, the Fonds d’assurance (FARCIQ) will communicate with you or your representative to share its decision.